The Marlborough C of E School is a converter academy located in Woodstock, Oxfordshire. We take great pride in our philosophy and ethos.
- Mon 20 Oct Year 7 Adventure Day at Youlbury (7T)
- Mon 20 Oct Year 9 Geography Fieldwork
- Tue 21 Oct Year 7 Adventure Day at Youlbury (7U)
- Tue 21 OctYear 9 Geography Fieldwork
- Thu 23 Oct Year 7 Adventure Day at Youlbury (7V)
- Thu 23 Oct Year 9 Geography Fieldwork
- Fri 24 Oct Year 7 Adventure Day at Youlbury (7W)
- Fri 24 Oct Art in Woodstock in Mayor's Parlour until 25th
- Fri 24 Oct School closes for Autumn break
- Sat 25 Oct Art in Woodstock – all week
Christmas Fair Saturday 6th December 2014
Half term activities at Hill End Camp - click to find out more!
West Oxfordshire Apprenticeship Event
Thursday 23 October, at Witney Lakes Resort, Downs Road, Witney. OX29 0SY. Click here for further information.
The following charities have been selected by the students for their annual charity fundraising events 2014-15: Churchill Partners, Thames Valley Air Ambulance, MENCAP, MS Society and Farm Africa. The student representatives will be promoting the work of these charities to the whole school via assemblies and will also be coordinating fund raising events for Charities Week commencing 17th November. More details to follow.
Ofsted 2014 - Result is 'Good'!
Extracts from the report:
As a year 7 pupil explained – 'Teachers care; it's not just a job to them'
All pupils make good progress from their starting point'
'The school's work to keep pupils safe and secure is outstanding'
'Very varied opportunities are given for pupils to develop their spiritual, moral and cultural awareness'
The King Prize for Creative Writing
In Association with Blenheim Palace Literary Festival
This competition was offered by authors Melanie and Ross King. The judges were busy over the summer, reading all of the stories entered. The winner was announced in whole school assembly on Wednesday 24th September by Melanie King. Holly Denton in Year12 is this year's winner, with her story 'Our Girls'. This will soon be available to read electronically.
So 'Be Seen, Not Hurt'
Every 30 minutes, a child or young person will acquire a brain injury. This could be the result of an accident.
A brain injury has a devastating and life-long impact on the child and their whole family. Bones can mend and scars can heal but a brain injury stays with you for life and impacts on everything you think, feel and do.· Wear brightly coloured and reflective clothing, even when cycling in daylight
· Attach lights or reflectors to coats, school bags, bikes, scooters and helmets
· Wearing reflective clothing will reflect light from car and bike headlamps making sure you are easily seen
· When walking in areas with very poor or no lighting it is safest to carry a torch – most phone are now equipped with one
Click here for the link to the CBIT.
MP praises school
The Marlborough School is praised by David Laws MP, Minister for Schools, for being one of the top 100 schools in England for excellent improvement in GCSE results for the last three years. Click here for letter.
Special Education Needs Roadshow
23 Sept -- 03 Oct 2014
From September 2014 the law is changing for children with Special Educational Needs and Disability.
What does this mean to you and your child?
Click here for more information.