The Marlborough C of E School is a converter academy located in Woodstock, Oxfordshire. We take great pride in our philosophy and ethos.
Mon 05 Jan School closed for Staff INSET – all day
Tue 06 Jan School re-opens for Term 3
Mon 12 Jan Year 11 Practice Exams week until 16/1/15 in MEC/Sports Hall
Woodlands Glasbury until 16/1/15
Friday 16 & Saturday 17 January - Arabian Nights Show in MEC
Tickets now on sale for the two performances on 16th and 17th January. With a cast of mostly younger actors, this promises to be a hugely entertaining show, with the stories of Ali Baba, Abu Hasan, the Little Beggar and the Envious Sisters all being told with huge energy and enthusiasm. Get your tickets from the Finance Office before they sell out!
Year 7 and 8 Girls' Football County Cup Win!
The Year 7 & 8 girls football team won the U13 County Cup. They played three schools to reach the final, scoring 24 goals and conceding only 5. They then played Cheney School in the final. It was an exciting game with Mia Thomson scoring 2 first half goals. We went on to dominate the game but could not stretch the lead. Cheney fought hard and managed a goal with 7 minutes to play. It made for a very nerve wracking few minutes but Marlborough held on to be victorious! It was a brilliant team performance by all 12 squad players.
Mia Thomson, Polly Hipkiss, Katie Appleton, Emily Keal, Charlotte Wilkes, Emma Saville, Ella Edwards, Pippa Cox, Nicole Cullighan, Martha Cadwaldr, Ciara Holloway and Pippa Patterson.
Marlborough Winners at the Oxfordshire Schools Film Awards 2014
The Oxfordshire Schools Film Awards 2014 were held at Wheatley Park School on Thursday 27th November. Seven schools were represented at the event with over 30 films being entered for the following awards.The Marlborough school entered three films; ‘Blood’ Ties by Dave Allen and Dan Sweet, ‘Lost’ by Ben Pilston and ‘Recurring’ by Ellie Bunce. We were immensely pleased and proud to win ‘Best Music Video’ and ‘Best Camerawork’. Affirmation of the level of creativity and technical skill our students are capable of. Oxfordshire Schools Film Festival in Oxford Mail
A Term of Success!
The school has had a very successful term, with notable performances as follows:
- Football, U13, U14 and U16 girls have all reached round 4 (last 64) of the National Cup.
- 7 girls selected for the County U14 Football squad
- Callum Slattery ((Year 11) played for England in the Victory Shield against Wales
- Year 9 Rugby Team into the County final
- Primary school Dance Event with Year 8 Sports Leaders
- Cologne Marathon
Marlborough Art goes Global
- Digital Sketchbooks project with the Ashmolean Museum and Apple, promoted by Apple on iTunesU
- Stats from Apple showed that Digital Sketchbooks were the 6th most downloaded films globally.
- Apple are now planning to use the series in some of their promotional marketing material
- If you would like to view the films and are not signed up to iTunesU, you can see then on: www.ashmolean.org/education/dsketchbooks/