The Marlborough C of E School is a converter academy located in Woodstock, Oxfordshire. We take great pride in our philosophy and ethos.
- Sat 31 Jan Community Learning Day
- Mon 02 Feb Yr 12 Geography Field Trip: Residential until Wed 4th Feb
- Wed 04 Feb German Exchange – English students to Cologne until 12/2
- Thu 05 Feb Yr 12 Geography Field Trip: Local
- Thu 05 Feb UK Maths Challenge – Intermediate (Years 9,10 and 11)
- Thu 05 Feb Year 12 Parents' Evening with Subject Teachers > 4.30pm
- Fri 06 Feb Taster Day for Year 11 applicants to the Sixth Form
- Fri 06 Feb MSA Year 7 and Year 8 Disco: 7 – 9pm in MEC
Please click here for further information on possible closure of the school due to bad weather.
Click here for Independent Learning page.
NOTE: Year 11 parents evening , Thursday 12th February 4.30pm-7.30pm
MSA Fund Raising Events
- 6th February 2015: Year 7 and 8 Disco - 7-9pm in the MEC.
- 13th March 2015: MSA Battle of the Bands - student band night.
- 17th April 2015: Quiz Night with David Ingledew – 7/7.30pm start in the MEC.
Students - please make sure that you have warm clothing for PE while the weather is cold.
The BMW apprenticeship application process at BMW Group is now open until 31st January 2015. Please click here to open a flyer which has all the necessary information.
Flash of Splendour: Arts Empowering Children
Click here to see this inspiring film made with our Ormerod Department.
Charities Week Total
The final sum of money collected from the Charities Week events is £7,758.06. Well done everyone.
A Term of Success!
The school has had a very successful term, with notable performances as follows:
- Football, U13, U14 and U16 girls have all reached round 4 (last 64) of the National Cup.
- 7 girls selected for the County U14 Football squad
- Callum Slattery ((Year 11) played for England in the Victory Shield against Wales
- Year 9 Rugby Team into the County final
- Primary school Dance Event with Year 8 Sports Leaders
- Cologne Marathon
Marlborough Art goes Global
- Digital Sketchbooks project with the Ashmolean Museum and Apple, promoted by Apple on iTunesU
- Stats from Apple showed that Digital Sketchbooks were the 6th most downloaded films globally.
- Apple are now planning to use the series in some of their promotional marketing material
- If you would like to view the films and are not signed up to iTunesU, you can see then on: www.ashmolean.org/education/dsketchbooks/