The Marlborough C of E School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection. Our policy and procedures apply to all staff, governors and those visiting the school.
There are 5 main elements to our policy and procedures:
- Ensuring we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
- Raising awareness of child protection issues and working on the prevention of abuse, through the teaching and pastoral support offered to students.
- Following procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases of abuse.
- Supporting students who are at risk or may have been abused.
- Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
The senior designated teacher for Child Protection is Miss R Jackson.
If we are concerned that your child may be at risk of abuse or neglect we must follow the procedures in our Safeguarding Pupils Policy.
In almost all circumstances we will talk to you about our concerns and we will also tell you if we need to refer our concerns to the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Hub (MASH- this is a multi-agency team which identifies risks to vulnerable adults and children). We will inform you if we need to make a referral, but in some circumstances we may need to make the referral without consulting you. We will only do this if we genuinely believe that this is the best way to protect your child and the fact that you did not consent to the referral will be recorded.
More information available from the CEOP (Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
For more guidance regarding internet safety, please click here.
Useful Helpline Numbers
|MASH (Oxfordshire Safeguarding Hub) – 0845 0507666|
|NSPCC – 0808 800 5000 and www.nspcc.org.uk|
|Childline – 0800 1111 and www.childline.org.uk|
|Samaritans – 116 123 and www.samaritans.org|
|SupportLine – 01708 765200 and www.supportline.org.uk|
|Police – non-emergency number - 101|