The school is always reluctant to authorise a closure because of the impact on the learning of pupils and family arrangements however the decision to close to pupils is made as early in the morning as possible, between 6.00 and 6.30am, to make the situation as manageable as possible. Factors taken into consideration to close the school include:
- pupils and staff being able to make their journey to school safely;
- enough teachers being in school to supervise pupils safely, enough site staff to keep the site heated and pathways clear and enough associate staff to provide services such as catering, answering the phone and first aid;
- pupils and staff being able to move around a large, exposed site safely and not be put at risk of injury through falls.
The situation is reviewed daily and our website will be updated with relevant information.
Please be assured that we will always aim to run external examinations as timetabled through school closures.
Closures are announced during the breakfast shows on:
- BBC Radio Oxford (95.2 FM and DAB)
- Heart (102.6 or 97.4 FM and DAB)
- Jack FM (106.8 FM and DAB)
- Jack FM 2 (107.9 FM and DAB)
School closures published by Oxfordshire County Council (OCC)