Dear Parents and Carers,
We are contacting you to seek your feedback on our remote learning approach. Please can you take a few minutes to watch the short video and fill in the parent survey below.
Click here to complete the parent survey.
We would appreciate it if this could be completed by 15:00 on Monday 1st February.
Remote Learning Core Principles
- Adhere to the principles set out within the Teaching and Learning Framework.
- Ensure all pupils...
- are clear about their tasks; that they know what they have to do; and know how they have to do it.
- are supported with high-quality resources that are easy to access.
- receive a rapid response to questions and request for support.
- Maintain the close connection and relationship between pupils and their teachers.
Remote Learning our Approach
- Informed by the existing evidence about what works.
- A blended approach of live elements and pre-prepared, pre-recorded resources and materials.
- An equitable experience for all.
- Carefully planned and intentional.
- Structured and responsive.
Teaching and Learning
- Share work through SMHW before 8.30am on the day of the lesson.
- Include Pre-recorded explanations, instructions and modelling with all activities.
- Share all work in PDF format or video.
- Include regular tasks that support the checking of engagement and understanding.
- Be available during all lessons via Satchel One or Google Meet to offer support, feedback and immediate responses to pupils’ questions.
- Offer regular Remote Tutorials.
- Use comments on Satchel One for positive reinforcement, and for checking in and chasing up when the quality or quantity of work does not meet expectations.
- Provide regular feedback through comments on Satchel One and through whole class feedback during Remote Tutorials or pre-recorded videos.
- Follow their daily timetable.
- Give their full attention to explanations, instructions and modelling.
- Re-watch explanations, instructions and modelling if they are unclear or stuck.
- Seek support in lessons through Satchel One or Google Meet.
- Complete all tasks to the best of their ability.
- Attend all and participate fully in Remote Tutorials.
- Monday: Year Group Assembly
- Wednesday: Whole School Assembly
- Thursday or Friday: Remote Tutor Time
Accessing Remote Learning
- Students should access all work through Satchel One
- Students should access all Remote Tutorials through the Marlborough Google account.
- To access Remote Learning appropriately students will need a desktop, laptop, Chromebook, tablet or equivalent.
Support with Remote Learning
- If your child does not have access to a suitable device or your internet connection is limiting access to resources, or if you need any support with remote Learning, please email Jake Jones, Deputy Headteacher, directly on: email@example.com.